AKT is at the forefront of advising music and radio clients in the midst of a rapidly changing content environment. The depth and breadth of our advice has helped: several clients measure the impact of music piracy on global revenues; a leading radio company’s interactive division devise strategic and operating business plans; and a leading record label develop a digital music business model.
With the rapidly evolving environment in the music and radio industries, clients should consider:
- What is the best approach to assess customer preferences for integrated online music services?
- What are the projected new technologies that could affect the radio market?
- How do you evaluate new technologies developing better monetization and higher growth?
Examples of Our Work
Working in the radio industry, AKT has:
- Forecasted digital services such as online radio streaming and online audio ads.
- Measured the impact of music piracy on industry revenue for three leading PE firms looking to acquire different major labels. We forecasted piracy impact in the U.S. and four major international territories, and assessed impact of ant-piracy measures and potential contribution to industry rebound.
- Assessed music space growth opportunities for a leading producer and distributor of specialty music sold in more than 20 countries through non-traditional retailers.
- Developed detailed valuation of leading global music company for a consortium of private equity groups, including estimates of potential revenue and profit improvement strategies.
- Provided two expert testimonies for royalty arbitration for the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).