AKT has built a healthcare services strategy designed for senior executives and their organizations. We combine cumulative healthcare experience with our cumulative experience of more than 50 years of customised analysis to provide actionable recommendations. Our partners are actively engaged and remain active in the day-to-day work with clients. We invest partner time and targeted research into our healthcare practice, and will continue to invest ahead of client needs. Over 70% of our business comes from repeat customers and 20% from referrals.
Consulting Healthcare Services Overview
AKT uses data, experience and judgment to reduce the inherent uncertainty of resource-allocation decisions. We also provide fresh thinking and creativity to determine which initiatives will work best. Across all healthcare services segments, we partner with clients to drive profitable growth by:
- Revealing the most likely scenarios of demand and supply
- Improving business performance by unlocking new market opportunities
- Enhancing organizational agility
- Supporting higher-quality outcomes at lower costs
In the U.S., healthcare reform has dramatically altered the playing field for payers and delivery systems, putting emphasis on quality and cost with continued pressure on reimbursement. The unique American hybrid payer system (with limited direct out-of-pocket payments) creates complexity, mixed incentives and uneven quality and outcomes. Major change is underway, but the history of healthcare teaches us that evolution trumps revolution. We know the U.S. system will migrate away from fee-for-service toward outcomes and quality, but this will be an uneven ride by geography, provider type, and overall impact on members.
In Europe, we help our private-sector clients develop winning strategies by reading market changes correctly and capitalizing on opportunities for collaborative partnerships with the public sector. The European healthcare industry has recognized AKT with numerous awards for our deep expertise, including HealthInvestor Strategy Consultants of the Year and Management Consultants of the Year at the Laing & Busson Independent Healthcare Awards.
Areas of Practice
AKT advises drug, specialty and medical-supply distributors, pharmacies and benefit managers on creating robust revenue-enhancement strategies through addressing core customer needs by customer segment, identifying new market opportunities, and providing customers with innovative, pragmatic solutions.
AKT has extensive experience advising both private- and public-sector payer organizations on revenue growth and realization improvement, product and sales strategy, operations effectiveness, healthcare and G&A cost management and M&A support. We help empower payers to drive change through thoughtful research, clearly articulating and refining the value propositions, and adopting a practical approach to integrating new solutions into the value chain.
AKT collaborates with a wide range of healthcare providers, including hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, mental health hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, nursing homes, home health care providers and laboratories, to help them survive and thrive in the rapidly evolving healthcare value chain.
AKT combines strategic acumen with extensive healthcare industry insight to help clients enhance business performance and gain market share via our service offerings – Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Marketing & Sales and Strategy Activation. We tailor our offerings to address the unique requirements of our healthcare clients and can provide industry-leading expertise and capabilities to support strategy activation and implementation across all of our service offerings.
Service Sample Service Components
- Response to U.S. and U.K. healthcare reform
- Response to Europe public sector funding constraints
- Market evaluation and opportunity identification
- Business-plan development
- Strategic growth prioritization
- Consumer-centric business development
- New public and government opportunities
- New product development
- Development of innovative care models
- Competitive market research
- Customer segmentation and profiling
- Application of technology
- Commercial due diligence
- Strategic review of portfolio companies
- Post-investment strategy development and action plan
- Post-merger integration
- Strategy activation
- Exit evaluation and deal support
- Sales program review and planning
- Sales force effectiveness
- Channel-performance improvement
- Customer intelligence: targeting and profiling
- Customer segmentation analysis
- Strategic market segmentation and mapping
- Optimization to meet new regulatory requirements
- Turnaround plans
- Customer-retention improvement
- Customer service optimization
- Claims process
- Prior authorization optimization
- IT strategy review
- Outsourcing analysis
- Strategic planning model and process
- Value-based management review
- Financial and scenario planning
- Zero-based budgeting
- Process costing and improvement
- Activity-based costing