AKT’s diagnostics clients rely on us to deliver on the most critical strategic issues including corporate and franchise strategy, operational excellence, and transaction support across the diagnostic continuum. Our technical expertise and multidisciplinary approach have established AKT as a “go to” advisor in personalized medicine (PM) and companion diagnostics (CDx) and we have conducted more than 80 engagements in this space during the past five years. Our expertise encompasses nearly every major disease indication and covers the full spectrum including R&D, regulatory, pricing / reimbursement and commercial pathways for PM and CDx. We have helped our clients, who range from innovative enablers to leading pharmaceutical companies, create value by teaming up to address their key strategic issues.
Our diagnostics expertise covers the spectrum of therapeutic areas and company types across the diagnostics continuum. Based on our deep knowledge, we work with our clients to answer some of their most difficult but critical questions, such as:
- What is the ideal market-entry and pricing strategy for a companion diagnostic developed by a large pharma player?
- What are the important customer needs that should drive incremental technology improvements for our diagnostic?
- What is the diagnostic market opportunity outside of the U.S. and what should be our business plan to enter the most attractive markets?
- What should be the menu-expansion strategy for a major MDx player?
Examples of Our Work
To learn more about how we help clients create value in the diagnostics sector, please refer to these additional case examples:
- A molecular diagnostics company had successfully built a diagnostics franchise in a large and focused disease area. Faced with increased competition from other diagnostics companies, the client needed to develop a growth strategy that would strengthen its core franchise and help it expand into new disease segments. The CEO set aggressive revenue targets and engaged L.E.K. to help the company achieve its goals.
- A leader in diagnostics for transfusion medicine engaged AKT to develop a business case for proprietary point of care (POC) testing platforms. AKT identified the most attractive opportunities and developed a business case for the platform to facilitate communication with senior management and future decision-making.
Please contact us at email@example.com for additional information.